Saturday, September 6, 2014

Switching from pixel art to vector art

I've been making pixel art since I started game development, and I love the style. It's a tedious process though. Creating all the frames and animating them correctly takes a lot of time. Recently I gave vector art a shot using Inkscape. It took me a couple days to get used to the new way of drawing but I really like how vector art looks. One nice thing about it is you can make "pieces" of objects and characters, which are a lot easier to animate. No more frames for each part of the animation, just one set of pieces that gets moved around.

Here's some examples of my pixel vs. vector art:
Each frame of an animation has to be defined.


The "pieces" of the cowboy character are in the bottom right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment