Friday, July 13, 2012

Player Info

I got a fair amount done today and I'm pretty happy with it. One of the major things was I roughed in the player info during a battle. It now displays number of lives, a health bar, and a shield charge bar. I don't like that you have to look down to see the shield charge so I'm going to make the shield become more transparent as the charge depletes. I feel that it will make more sense to the player that way. I also want to add a number display of life / life total on top of the health bar. There is still work to be done but I'm happy with the current result.

I've noticed the menus could use some sort of animation between screens. The code is a little sloppy too. I want to get the game as playable as possible first, and then I'm going to rework the menu system. That's my plan for next week.

Player info shown in game

No comments:

Post a Comment